Music Industry General Knowledge – Part 1 – The How, When, Why & What of the Music Industry.
The purpose of this course is to help you better understand (or at least give you glimpse into) some of the key areas of the music industry, particularly the primary industries as well as touching on some of the secondary industries.
This course will also help you to understand the importance of having a broad view across all parts of the industry. It’s about developing good music industry knowledge and being knowledgeable about the industry as a whole, not just your area of expertise.
In Part 1 we will be looking at the importance of good knowledge in the music industry, as well as discussing the recorded music business and the world of the music publisher and collection societies.
This course will take you from one side of the music biz to the other and hopefully give you a wider appreciation of the many, many businesses that encompass the industry and how they all connect.
What’s In It For Me?
- Understand how the music industry works so you can be part of it
- Why you need to stay on top of general knowledge and why general knowledge could be your best asset
- Who owns your creativity and how to capitalise on it
- Understanding the various industries that exist within the music business
- Break into the ‘who’s who’ of the music industry and get serious