Music Industry General Knowledge – Part 1 – The How, When, Why & What of the Music Industry.
The purpose of this course is to help musicians, aspiring artist managers or potential booking agents to better understand (or at least give you a glimpse into) some of the key areas of the music industry, particularly the primary music industries as well as touching on some of the secondary music industries.
This course will also help you to understand the importance of having a broad view across all parts of the music industry. It’s about developing good music industry knowledge and being knowledgeable about the industry as a whole, not just your area of expertise.
In Part 1 we will be looking at the importance of good knowledge in the music industry, as well as discussing the recorded music business, the world of the music publisher and collection societies.
This course will take you from one side of the music biz to the other and hopefully give you a wider appreciation of the many, many music businesses that encompass the industry and how they all connect.
What’s In It For Me?
- If you already are/or want to be a musician you’ll need to understand how the music industry works so you can be part of it
- Why you need to stay on top of music industry general knowledge and why that general knowledge could be your best asset
- Who owns a musicians creativity and why?
- Understanding the various industries that exist within the music business
- Get to know the ‘who’s who’ of the music industry and start to get serious
Start Your Next Course ↓