Music Publishing – How To Make Money Out of Your Songs
We are going to delve into the wonderful world of songwriting and the business of music publishing in this course. Music Publishing is perhaps the oldest part of the music business and was there well before the recording business, so we will take a look at the history of the songwriter and how the music publisher grew around the songs and the songwriters.
We will show you how to make money out of your songs through the recordings, through having your songs played in public and on the radio, as well as getting your music into films and TV commercials.
Then we’ll talk about when to look for a publisher, plus working our way through contacts and the terminology of the music publishing world.
What’s In It For Me?
- Understand music publishing so that you can be on your way to being a successful songwriter
- Understand music publishing so that you’re aware that no record company can release your song without permission from you the songwriter
- Understand music publishing so that you’re aware that venues need to pay royalties back to you the songwriter for when your songs are played
- You’re a songwriter? So…you probably need help to make money out of your songs
- As a songwriter, when do you look for a music publisher?
- Know when a publisher is going to come looking for you
- Know the nuts and bolts of agreements and contracts in the publishing world so you don’t get screwed over
Start Your Next Course ↓